Cookeville Chamber - Membership and Events Coordinator
- Job Category: Sales/Marketing
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Tennessee Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- More Jobs from this Company
The Cookeville - Putnam County Chamber of Commerce is seeking a Membership & Events Coordinator. This position plays an integral role in the Chambers mission to support a vibrant local economy through networking opportunities, education, and advocacy. This employee will be an integral component in growing, supporting, and enhancing the member experience through new member onboarding, keeping up-to-date member records, recruitment and retention, and networking and educational events.
- Event Coordination & Promotion:
Manages event logistics, including vendors, venues, food & beverage, and guest registration.
Assists Director of Membership in securing partners and sponsors for events.
Light design work following brand guidelines. Examples: Registration forms, banners, etc.
Issues event invoices, tracks event and advertising credits, and collects payments in a timely fashion.
- Member & Community Outreach
Engages and educates the community about the Cookeville - Putnam County Chambers organization and its goals.
Assists with the Ambassador program and tracks Ambassador activity to support engagement within the group and the community. Helps create and implement ideas to engage the group and recognize our ambassadors.
Strengthens relationships with members through thoughtful acts including handwritten notes signed by appropriate staff and sending newspaper articles featuring members and partners.
- Membership Management & General Administration
Provides general administration support for the Membership department.
Provides support to Customer Service Specialist at the front desk as needed.
Processes new member applications, entering data into ChamberMaster and maintaining an accurate data base for all members.
Ensures new members receive invitation to New Member Lunch and new member packet.
Tracks all new member certificate distribution, ensuring all members have a certificate.
Provides timely reports as required for Board of Director Meetings and Newsletters.
Assists with administrative tasks as needed.
- Proven customer service and relationship management skills and experience working in a business environment
- Experience with CRM and/or eCommerce platforms; member relationship management experience preferred
- Highly motivated with B2B sales experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of the Putnam County and Upper Cumberland business community
- Able to set and meet measurable goals
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- A team player with good work ethic and positive attitude
- Experience using Mac, Windows, email, MS Office, Canva, and customer management platforms
- Ability to work extended hours to attend Chamber events and activities
- Preferred Background, Experience & Qualifications:
- Event planning & promotion; customer relationship management
ALL APPLICANTS MUST STATE THEIR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE IN THEIR COVER LETTER