Visitor Center Associate (Part-Time)
- Job Category: Other
- Salary: 8.50/hr
- Education: Associates Degree
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Visit Knoxville
Summary: With the training and support of management staff and coworkers, the Visitor Center Associate will serve as an ambassador for Knoxville, TN through information and retail assistance. The Visitor Services team is the first line of contact with our visitors and is responsible for meeting their needs in the following areas:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Assist in all areas of retail and visitor information, including:
- Greeting and serving the general public as they enter the building.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of maps, Visitors Guide, events, and brochure information.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the Sunsphere, World’s Fair, and local attractions.
- Assist in responding to visitor inquiries, walk-ins and phone calls.
o Physically track these demographics on the Data Capture Worksheet.
- Perform data entry of daily Visitor Logs, and maintain ongoing Excel spreadsheet to which they are entered.
- Maintain brochure stock as needed and submit weekly reporting.
o Perform a physical brochure count every Quarter.
- Maintain knowledge of point of sale system (register).
- Label and restock merchandise in the retail area, as needed.
- Assist with inventory awareness, as needed (i.e. replenishment needs, items being asked for, damages, etc.).
- Assist in preparation of gift baskets, as needed.
- Stock the retail supplies (i.e. bags, tissue paper, boxes), as needed.
- Assist with offsite merchandise or information tables, which may include facilitating purchases, set up and tear down.
- Maintain clean, neat, and safe work environment:
o Tables and chairs to be kept clean and orderly
o Check restrooms for tidiness and for stock
o Dispose of boxes and trash in timely manner, as needed
- Support special events (i.e. Blue Plate Special, First Friday, festival booths, etc.). This could include setting up and breaking down prior to and after each event.
- Flexibility with schedule is a must for this position due to special events, holidays and weekends.
- Ability to drive company vehicles, as needed, by maintaining a valid driver’s license.
- Must be aware that you are a representative of Visit Knoxville in appearance and attitude at all times.
- Additional duties assigned by the Sr. Manager of Visitor Services.
E-mail Your Resume