Social Media and Marketing Manager
- Job Category: Other
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Knoxville Convention Center
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a full time, Social Media and Marketing Manager for SMG Knoxville: Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum, Knoxville Convention Center, Chilhowee Park and Exposition Center and World’s Fair Exhibition Hall. This position is responsible for social media management, marketing, ad placement and sponsorships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand the two primary audiences we serve, one is the event attendee/potential attendee and the second audience are our stakeholders, to include city administration/elected officials and local business owners and partners.
• Manage all Social Media channels, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Trip Advisor, Yelp and WordPress to speak to these audiences. Develop and deliver social media marketing strategies and campaigns, manage content of all social media channels on a daily basis, and maintain creative and relevant content. Focus on content and story over #’s and analytics. Use these platforms to build and support our audiences to include but not limited to City Council, City Officials, other City departments, Visit Knoxville, Knoxville Chamber, etc. The minimum content should be:
o Prescheduled event posts for all public and ticketed events at each venue on FB.
o Follow-up with weekly interesting posts of images or video taken during the event with a highlighted spin on the event, on FB, Twitter and Instagram for each venue as applicable. For CPEC this should include sharing of all partner posts.
o Bi-monthly posts on FB and Twitter of community service and civic interest on SMG Knoxville’s page to include additional venue specific if applicable, creating content if necessary.
o Follow-up answers/responses on questions from FB for the four venues within a reasonable timeframe after the auto response is given on a question. If you are off and not able to respond within a ten-hour timeframe, coordinating with someone in events or box office that can follow up while you are unavailable.
o Works with GM, AGM and Park Director on developing strategic marketing plans and programs, and overseeing the execution of such plans, to drive revenue goals and strengthen brand position.
• Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with promoters, partners, entertainment groups and event organizers and assisting them in developing and/or managing the media plans for concerts and events and working with multiple advertising budgets with various promoters and coordinating with media, photographers and some artist requests day of and during event days. Prepare event billing and back-up of these charges in advance of show settlements, typically this happens the night of the show.
• Work with event managers/clients/promoters to provide appropriate content for marquees and internal digital content at KCAC and KCC/WFEH.
• Maintain content and imagery of websites.
• Maintain and grow a base of photographic images and video for each facility.
• Work with all internal departments to support graphics needs for internal and external events, such as signage and other branding opportunities.
• Provide a monthly report to the GM for the COK and SMG corporate of activities. This is due on the 6th of each month. Participate in weekly or bi-monthly marketing meetings with directors to discuss ideas and promotions.
• Create an annual marketing plan and budget to submit to the COK and SMG Corporate per the contract. This is due on February 1 each year. Provide post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing campaigns as applicable.
• Responsible for promotional items and promoter gifts as well as content of the exchange for industry trade magazines and social media.
• Work with Visit Knoxville, the Knoxville Chamber, the City of Knoxville and other stakeholders as needed for content on items such as marketing images for the facilities, tradeshow booth presentations, content for books, visitor’s guides and other promotional or marketing publications.
• Work in partnership with the SMG Knoxville’s ticketing system team to gather and segment audience data and develop and execute brand and event specific email campaigns/email blasts.
• Submit up-dates and content regularly to key industry trade associations like the International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM).
• Manage, track and maximize marketing and advertising agreements for the facilities.
• Meeting monthly reporting, annual budget, annual marketing plan, individual show settlement invoicing and marketing production deadlines is a requirement.
• Works within the guidelines set forth in SMG's Management Credo.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree required. Marketing, Public Relations or Communications degree preferred. Previous experience (2-3 years) within venue management or event management handling Marketing or Public Relations preferred.
-Professional qualities should include solid business judgment/decision making ability, delivers on commitments, able to work and deliver a high quantity of quality results under extreme time and budget pressure, time management skills, oral/written communication skills, including public speaking ability and attention to detail.
- Personal qualities should include being a self-starter, results driven, self-motivated, aggressiveness, enthusiasm, ambition, drive, tenacity, empathy, compassion, sense of humor, articulate, high degree of integrity, intellect and innovative.
-Ability to listen to input from executives, colleagues, and direct reports and take comments, suggestions and critiques open mindedly.
-Entertainment industry knowledge/background preferred.
-Solid knowledge of market and media buying, planning, and social media.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong writing skills to craft and edit emails, advertising text, brochures, promotional materials, programs
• Ability to update website content (knowledge of HTML a plus)
• Ability to respond immediately during normal business hours, after hours and on weekends via mobile phone is required
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Project Management
• Strong negotiating skills
• Graphic design (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator experience preferred)
• Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word/Excel/PowerPoint), graphics (i.e.Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator), and website design.
• Basic understanding of demographics and media buying ability
• Requires flexible schedule to cover events
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical requirements include the ability to operate a keyboard and move around the facility. Must be able to hear and speak to use two-way radio and telephone. Must be able to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as required.
Attn: Kristy Todd
SMG Knoxville: Knoxville Convention Center
701 Henley Street
Knoxville, TN 37902
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 865-522-5669.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Knoxville Convention Center
701 Henley Street
Knoxville TN 37902