Software Engineer in Test (6-9 Years)
- Job Category: Other
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: CGI
- More Jobs from this Company
Position ID: J0821-0331
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of crafting an organization passionate about delivering results and exceeding client expectations. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and dedication of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
If you are an experienced hands-on Software Engineer in Test (SWET) with strong problem-solving skills, superb communication skills we have exciting opportunities to build your career. As a SWET you will be applying your strong software development and test automation skills to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software solutions with primary focus on automation testing of both user interfaces and API service layers. You will also be enabling your team in accepting test automation frameworks and standard methodologies to ensure we are building the right product the right way.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Use your knowledge of development and testing to design, promote automated test software engineering and bug prevention strategies which is both scalable and maintainable
• Actively participate in the development process through crafting, writing and maintaining automated tests including functional tests and end-to-end regression tests
• Support the team in crafting reliable, portable, accurate and credible tests, and in integrating them into CI/CD pipelines
• Participate in development of test automation
• Collaborate with team members on improving team's test coverage, release velocity and production health
• Enable the team in designing and developing automation harnesses using Serenity w/ Cucumber and RestAssured.
• Participate in application code and test code reviews with rest of the Scrum team
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Overall 6 to 9 years of experience testing applications incorporating test automation frameworks
• Strong software development skills - you are a developer first and foremost.
• Validated development experience utilizing frameworks such as Selenium, Protractor, Robot Framework
• Experience testing application developed with frameworks such as Angular, React, Node.js
• Working experience with Cucumber, Selenium, JUnit / TestNG, HTTP, SQL
• Experience developing scripts using JAVA, Java script, Python
• Solid understanding of asynchronous technology
• Experience developing automation scripts to test RESTful APIs
• Experience in integrating the test scripts into DevOps Jenkins pipeline
• Experience in testing cross browser compatibility
• Mobile testing experience is a plus
• Experience working in a flexible agile-scrum product development team
• Experience working in the financial Industry
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
• A Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or related field
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Knoxville, TN or Lafayette, LA
500 West Summit Hill Drive
Knoxville TN 37902
Job Link: Apply Here!