Senior DevOps Engineer
- Job Category: Other
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: CGI
- More Jobs from this Company
Position ID: J0821-0093
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI, our success comes from the talent and dedication of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of crafting an organization passionate about delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
If you are an experienced hands-on DevOps engineer with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have exciting opportunities to build your career. We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help support our complex environment as we design, build and advance our CI/CD pipelines whilst aggressively growing our footprint on a cloud infrastructure. The role involves working in an agile team in a highly collaborative and engaging culture and be adaptable to shifting priorities
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• You will be a key member of the Application engineering team
• Crafting how our products are developed and deployed in an optimized automated CI/CD pipeline ensuring high quality
• Design and implement infrastructure and security technologies within the public cloud
• Actively innovating and creatively experimenting so that we may better support business needs
• Collaborating and actively engaging with all team members
• Bring curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, asking always about the “why” and the “value” of an activity or task
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ Years of IT experience
• 3-5 years of hands on solid understanding of AWS and cloud services and technologies, building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, and supporting infrastructure, system, and security configurations and policies.
• Jenkins, GitHub, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes
• Experience supporting and building operational tools for a complex distributed highly concurrent computing systems.
• Ability to apply automation to infrastructure processes and instrumentation
• Experience in writing code (scripting) in languages such as Python, Groovy, Bash, TypeScript
• Creative problem-solver: while experience counts a lot, it’s the ability to tackle new, interesting problems in a dynamic environment that will ultimately be most important
• Proven success in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and exposure to Pipeline As Code and Infrastructure as Code.
• You have experience in installing, operating, supporting, maintaining, and upgrading vendor products and proven ability to support various distributed computing environments that run on both on-premise and cloud infrastructure.
• You have knowledge of the SCRUM / Agile development practices has a proven a collaborative work style
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Computer Systems Networking, Information Systems/Science, or a closely related discipline
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Knoxville, TN or Lafayette, LA
500 West Summit Hill Drive
Knoxville TN 37902
Job Link: Apply Here!