Scrum Master (6-9 Years)
- Job Category: Other
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: CGI
- More Jobs from this Company
Position ID: J0821-0161
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI, our success comes from the talent and dedication of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of crafting an organization passionate about delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
If you are an experienced Scrum Master in financial sector with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have an exciting opportunity to further your career.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic scrum master to join our team. The individual in this role would be responsible for overseeing software development squad(s) and working under the SAFe or Spotify methodology. You will have an opportunity to work with top Financial Services companies to develop solutions in an Agile environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Strong proficiency and experience with encouraging Agile behaviors, reinforcing practices, norms, ceremonies, and supporting the overall Squad performance and efficiency
• Agile/Scrum Fundamentals – WHY and HOW
• Understanding of JIRA/Kanban boards
• Capture, monitor Metrics to inform the conversations with stakeholders
• Identifying team improvement opportunities and looking externally for best practices to support continuous improvement
• Leading and coordinating logistics for Agile ceremonies and practices, e.g., backlog maintenance, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
• Ensuring all work is tracked in the backlog and accurately balanced across team members
• Maintaining and updating the Squad's process metrics and artifacts to ensure accurate and clear communications to partners
• Foster continuous improvement of performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow and velocity.
• Guide the team to remove impediments.
• Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and coach them to higher levels of maturity. Help the team improve and take responsibility for their actions.
• Help the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the product backlog and roadmap. Help the PO guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to scope, priorities and product quality.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
· 6-9 years of Software Development experience
· Minimum 3+ years of delivering Agile programs and acting as a Scrum Master
· Financial industry background is preferred
· Software development background experience is preferred
· Certified Scrum Master (CSM or SAFe SSM)
· Effective planning and facilitation skills Consultative Skills:
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
· Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Knoxville, TN or Lafayette, LA
500 West Summit Hill Drive
Knoxville TN 37902
Job Link: Apply Here!