Production Team Member
- Job Category: Manufacturing
- Salary: Starting at $11.50/hr
- Education: High School Graduate
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Tranzonic
- More Jobs from this Company
Position Summary: As a production team member for Tranzonic, you will be trained as a packer and a machine operator within your first 90 days of employment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Safely operate polybag machine to seal material when required.
• Pack material as required on production sheet.
• Select correct inner and outer boxes.
• Label boxes as required on production sheet.
• Replace roll on tape machine and make other adjustments as necessary.
• Tape and stack boxes on pallet using box tape machines when available.
• Assist in wrapping palletized finished goods on pallet for transport to wrap machine.
• Sort and repack finished goods as directed.
• Properly load material on machine.
• Properly thread material as needed.
• Set felt feed roll gap according to the thickness of material.
• Properly set feed and material tension for proper fold.
• Correctly keep marking ink full, clean and adjust sprayers.
• Adjust speed of machine.
• Adjust material for correct machine operation.
• Assist packing finished material into boxes.
• Periodically clean folding and vacuum rolls.
• Change doctor blades and cutting blades as required.
• Assist setting up box folding/glue machine.
• Assist setting anvils.
• Periodically check temperature on vacuum turbine.
• Daily clean machine and area around machine including vacuum ports weekly.
• Complete 1st piece inspection report.
• Records all downtime and production figures for assigned work station.
• Assist troubleshooting machine for problems and diagnose/repair minor problems.
• Meet and maintain production and quality standards.
• Adhere to all safety rules and practices.
• Use or wear all appropriate safety equipment
• Adhere to all company work rules.
• Maintain a positive work environment by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Education, Certifications and Licensures:
• High school diploma or GED; or one to six months related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to perform basic math functions.
• Must be able to read and write English.
• Continuously moves or transports items up to 50 lbs.
• Must be physically and mentally able to work assigned shift.
• Performs duties that are repetitive in nature or require repetitive movement.
• Must have the ability to judge that product is moving through equipment properly.
• Must be able to constantly recognize product types and safety/warning material (some small in size).
• Required to identify color coded safety & warning areas/notices (most commonly colored yellow and red and some in small print) in order to maintain a safe work environment.
• Works in an environment that includes: seasonal heat & humidity; exposure to safety areas with moving equipment; dust/dirt; noise; vibrations from equipment; lighting differences; and occasional fumes.
• Required to position self in order to remove or replace product and operate equipment.
• Frequently receives or exchanges information with management or other personnel regarding work requests or issues.
• Must be able to identify and react to potential hazards.
• Good hand and eye coordination.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instruction and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
• Language Ability: Ability to write and communicate in complex sentences using good vocabulary.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace
AAP & VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Tranzonic is a proud Government Contractor! This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
E-mail Your Resume