Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
- Job Category: Hospitality/Restaurant
- Salary: $37,500.00
- Education: Associates Degree
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Knoxville Convention Center
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for a full time Assistant Food and Beverage Manager with SMG Knoxville at the Knoxville Convention Center and World’s Fair Exhibition Hall. This position oversees and supervises the full and part time banquet servers and contracted work forces for the Food and Beverage Department under the direction of the Food & Beverage Manager. This position is responsible for the planning and execution of catering & concessions functions while maintaining the highest standards; as well as accountable to carry-out goals and budgets set by the Food & Beverage Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise, direct and train all banquet personnel including but not limited to all hourly servers, bartenders, concessionaires and banquet captains
• Ensure the proper set up of the event rooms as it relates to food & beverage in accordance with event diagrams and communicate any necessary adjustments or recommendations with the event services staff
• Assist in the coordination of any additional arrangements in planning such as rental of equipment, beverages, and linen
• Coordinates and supervises the execution of all banquet functions to ensure clients' specifications are met
• Manage the labor, beverage and ancillary costs for events as determined by event needs, event revenue, yearly budget and pre-event costing sheet and report back to Catering Sales and F&B Director with all necessary information
• Oversee the proper uniform appearance of the service team
• Responsible for the efficiency and productivity of the service team
• Monitor the client's needs throughout the event to ensure customer satisfaction and communicate any changes to the proper departments including but not limited to the culinary department, catering sales and event services
• Assist in the hiring, discipline and firing of food & beverage part-time staff in accordance with SMG policies and procedures
• Help maintain payroll for all direct reports in accordance with SMG guidelines and all federal and state laws
• Organize all concession services to include but not limited to: staffing, event schedule, menu selection, stand lay-out, cleaning, register and menu board programming
• Determine cash room needs for all food & beverage related events: concessions, cash bars, etc. and communicate to the Finance Department
• Other duties as necessary
• Microsoft Office experience required
• Excellent organizational, planning, communication, and inter-personal skills
• Strong orientation of customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
• Results oriented with the ability to meet required budgetary goals.
• Must be able to work irregular hours and weekends.
• Must be able to pass criminal and background check
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• College degree and/or equivalent work experience in a comparable facility or related field required.
• Daily lifting up to 25 lbs.
• Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Constant standing, walking, stooping.
• Constant reaching and handling products.
• Ability to work extended hours productively.
• Fast-paced, very physical environment.
• Working in both indoor and outdoor settings.
Incumbent works in an office setting with some adverse exposure to environmental hazards.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter: Kristy Todd
701 Henley Street
Knoxville, TN 37902
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 865-522-5669.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Knoxville Convention Center
701 Henley Street
Knoxville TN 37902