DePre Process Technician
- Job Category: Engineering/Technical
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: DeRoyal Industries, Inc
SUMMARY: This position works directly with all phases of machine operation including startup, operation and maintenance of machines, automated conveying systems, auxiliary equipment, air compressors, and robotic parts removal.
We are looking for candidates who can work evening shift (7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.). This position could require a rotating 24/7 on-call shift for emergencies requiring to be onsite within one hour. This schedule could cause the Process Technician to work weekends, or holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Conduct all operations in accordance with safety requirements.
- Demonstrates basic National Electrical Code understanding.
- Can start all plant equipment from a cold shutdown, including production machines, robots, chillers, air compressors, material handlers/conveying equipment, air conditioning units, and the process monitoring system.
- Ensures that assigned machines are operating within established parameter and control limits and that parts conform to established specifications.
- Performs minor tooling maintenance and repairs.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, replaces and calibrates production equipment as required. Troubleshoot electrical sensors including: photoelectric, inductive, capacitive, magnetic, pressure, temperature, weight and position sensors.
- Make wiring/programming changes on all production equipment as required.
- Performs electrical and machine preventative maintenance at scheduled intervals as assigned.
- Ensures all facets of the quality and manufacturing systems are followed and adhered to.
- Identifies problems and isolates them to specific components through test, observations or other criteria.
- Assists Production, Maintenance, Process and Project Engineers to meet daily priorities, coverage, and special projects.
- Assists in equipment installations, project preparations, and project completion.
- Maintains a clean work area and follows proper safety procedures.
EDUCATION: Associates Degree or Technical School Certificate in Electronics and Machine maintenance Or in combination with: High School diploma with 2 to 3 years experience in PLC, Electrical, & Mechanical experience. Experience working on Servo motors & hydraulic systems highly preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Understand machine functions and troubleshoot effectively. Requires personal computer skills including specific controls programming software and basic email, word processing and spreadsheet applications. Needs to have fundamental knowledge of electrical theory and principles of operation. Should have advanced knowledge of all controller-based hardware and software. This position also requires good communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
DeRoyal Industries, Inc
200 DeBusk Lane
Powell TN 37849