Senior Oracle PL/SQL Engineer (10+ Years)
- Job Category: Engineering/Technical
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: CGI
- More Jobs from this Company
Position ID: J0821-0152
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI, our success comes from the talent and dedication of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change supporting our clients digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of crafting an organization passionate about delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
If you are experienced in Oracle PL/SQL platform and work in financial sector with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have an exciting opportunity to further your career. If you have a passion for analyzing data, building innovative solutions, understanding data quality, and learning the domain, this might be the right opportunity for you!
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic member to join our team. As a Senior Consultant you will be part of a Engineering team that focuses on building solutions supporting the common data needs of Financial Services business. You will have to develop a good understanding of the data, products, and applications. You will be responsible for gathering requirements, analyzing data, conducting impact assessments, and building scalable and innovative solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
· Assist or lead the gathering of requirements and acceptance criteria of new features and/or improvements for the product / platform.
· Collaborate with the technology and business teams to deliver high quality solutions for business problems
· Bring curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, asking always about the why and the value of new features/improvements to the platform
· Resolving business problems by understanding them through close partnership with analysts and innovative solutions.
· Evaluating business requirements and proposing solutions that align with the technology blueprint and standard methodologies.
· Tackle business problems by driving design, development and ongoing support.
· Actively participating in knowledge exchange thru code and design reviews, exploring emerging technologies etc.
· Collaborating and actively engaging with all team members
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Experience and Skills:
· 10+ years of hands on experience in developing Oracle SQL and PL/SQL solutions
· Proven understanding of database design concepts Transactional / Data mart / Data warehouse etc.
· Proven hands on experience of Oracle PL/SQL development involving Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Hints and data migration scripts
· Knowledge and understanding of developing and debugging sophisticated PLSQL packages involving large data sets, Collections and advanced PLSQL communications with Oracle
· Good knowledge on DBLinks, Hints, Performance Tuning and handling Database Locks
· Proven experience working with UNIX shell scripts with intermediate debugging and development skills
· Experience working with version control tools GIT Stash, SourceTree, Release Management build tools (Jenkins, buildforge), collaboration tools
· Excellent data analysis and debugging skills with a focus on identifying data quality issues
· Proven experience with Informatica, data quality tools, scripting languages, utPLSQL, Autosys and Agile Development
· Exposure to one or more of Snowflake, Cloud Technologies, Python and Tableau will be a plus Consultative Skills:
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
· Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
· Bachelor's degree (or above) in either Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Mathematics or Finance related field
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Knoxville, TN or Lafayette, LA
Oracle SQL Developer
500 West Summit Hill Drive
Knoxville TN 37902
Job Link: Apply Here!