Lending Compliance Specialist
- Job Category: Banking/Financial
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Y-12 Federal Credit Union
Professional position with primary focus on maintaining compliance with lending regulations. Works with a high level of confidentiality assisting in the ongoing coordination and communication of compliance requirements with applicable regulations. Responsible for completing HMDreporting and NMLS registrations and renewals by regulatory deadlines. Assists with monitoring Credit Union policies, procedures, and disclosures and other written materials for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Position may offer opportunity for remote work.
Reports to: Director, Risk Assessment and Compliance
1. Prepare and file HMDA reporting monthly and annually and renew/maintain the licenses, credentials, and software needed to complete HMDA filings. Compare HMDA information from lending departments with the HMDA report for each loan and communicate needed corrections to appropriate manager. Input data into software for reporting by monthly and annual deadline and file according to Compliance instructions and regulatory deadlines. Report error trends and other HMDA related issues promptly to management.
2. Facilitate NMLS registrations and required annual renewals according to SAFE Act registry requirements. Support lending staff as needed with registration and renewals and renew and complete payment on behalf of the Credit Union according to SAFE Act requirements.
3. Maintain current knowledge of consumer, mortgage, and business lending and other applicable regulations, laws and practices. Perform compliance reviews of disclosures, forms and other written materials and follow up with management and designated employees as needed to ensure corrective actions are completed. Document reviews and revisions in Compliance Management System.
4. Review Advertising and website for compliance with lending regulations and other compliance issues and document approval on a timely basis.
5. Notify appropriate management of proposed or upcoming changes in regulations and meet as needed to prepare implementation.
6. Review consumer regulatory complaints for potential regulatory violations and report promptly to management.
7. Recommend appropriate lending compliance training for all employees according to regulatory expectations. Work with Training Department, management and others to facilitate training.
8. Act as back up for maintaining document management system for Credit Union; prepare updated policies and procedures for department and track required annual and three year policy review schedule.
9. Prepare and submit appropriate subpoena responses for requested information concerning loans.
10.Complete other job related duties as assigned within the Compliance department.
Five years to eight years of similar or related experience, including HMDA reporting and processing.
Equivalent to a college degree in a relevant field.
Earn and maintain appropriate certifications and/or designations in regulatory compliance.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Interpersonal Skills – Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves frequent personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Must work with a high degree of confidentiality.
Must be detailed oriented with strong organizational skills.
Multi-tasking in a member service environment is essential.
Ability to operate a PC with a windows operating system and multiple online loan operating systems.
Ability to work in a paperless environment.
Maintain less than three findings during internal and external audits.
Meet or exceed all regulatory reporting deadlines for HMDA reporting and NMLS registration.
Embed Compliance into projects by collaborating with other departments and teams.
Maintain member satisfaction both internal and external; maintain satisfaction with less than 5% complaints.
Work well with others in Compliance department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and sit. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move items over 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Typical office – no hazardous or unpleasant conditions.
E-mail Your Resume