Cloud Architect (10+ Years)
Position ID: J0821-0094
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI, our success comes from the talent and dedication of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of crafting an organization passionate about delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
Cloud Architect: If you are an experienced Cloud Architect working in financial sector with strong technology and problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have a phenomenal opportunity to further your career. We are looking for a highly motivated and Cloud Architect to join our team. The individual as lead in technology will play a meaningful role in driving all aspects of technology planning and execution.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Successfully deliver key technology solutions supporting technology team’s efforts to adopt and leverage the cloud.
• Drive the solution architecture vision for Cloud adoption architecture. Investigate, prove out and incorporate new technologies and capabilities as required.
• Support the Application teams in providing necessary interfaces to use Cloud Services Also, as needed, help partner teams with diagnostics and troubleshooting.
• Ensure that Cloud Security and Compliance guidelines are adhered to.
• Define patterns and best practices for design, engineering and development. Engage with Clients Cloud Computing team to adopt and influence best practices and patterns.
• As an SME, collaborate with other architects in crafting cost optimized app deployment patterns for cloud. Influence product and delivery requirements, roadmaps and vision.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years of Software Development experience
• 6+ years of architecture design and implementation experience, with certifications in relevant cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google) – AWS is preferred
• Proven leadership skills, demonstrated ability to mentor, influence and partner with engineering teams to deliver scalable robust solutions.
• Significant experience working on technology and solution architecture in an engineering, design and architecture capacity. Proficiency in multiple enterprise technologies, architectural styles, and techniques.
• Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies and roadmaps
• Passionate about technology and delivering solutions for difficult and intricate problems.
• Proven track record to understand and work with the multiple technologies that encompass new IT solutions
• Confirmed knowledge of AWS Cloud Architecture and experience with AWS Managed Services, Cloud Security, Docker and Kubernetes ecosystem, Cloud Automation. Knowledge of Azure would be a plus.
• Experience with pipelines for deploying applications in AWS.
• Experience with API design, distributed architecture patterns is required.
• Well-grounded knowledge of engineering and continuous delivery practices, ALM tools.
• Expertise with diagnostics and troubleshooting.
• Hands-on experience using Java, Python programming skills and AWS services like Lambda, EC2, RDS, Redshift etc..
• Proven technical leader with a desire to understand the business objectives, business processes to come up with application architecture and align with architectural standards
• Ability to articulate new insights and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
• Experience delivering presentations to senior-level executives and technical audiences
• Strong background in application and solution development with emphasis on cloud and enterprise platform solutions
• Strong solution architecture, engineering and design skills.
• Knowledge and experience using cloud services to migrate or transform applications to the Cloud
• Strong understanding of agile principles and development methodologies including DevSecOps practices
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other specialists including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all areas of the development
• Undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field ideally combined with an advanced technical degree.
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Knoxville, TN or Lafayette, LA
500 West Summit Hill Drive
Knoxville TN 37902
Job Link: Apply Here!